Friday, April 11, 2008

Weekly Wrap-Up

Legendary baseball manager Earl Weaver would have a field day after last night's loss



This week it's all about the Phillies and Mets. Sure, the Flyers are in the playoffs, but they have been idle since Sunday. And, the Eagles are well...doing nothing until the draft it seems. And, the Sixers were idle until Wednesday after losing to the Hawks on Saturday night, for which yours truly had the luxury of sitting courtside at that game.

The Phillies-Mets series was very frustrating. And, who better to break it down than former foul-mouthed Orioles legendary skipper Earl Weaver. To give you some context on how funny of a guy Mr. Weaver was, check out this interview of him on a pre-game radio show.



After hearing that, those of you who never heard of him will understand what the hell I'm talking about. Let's let it rip.

Picture Earl Weaver being the General Manger of the Phillies and not Pat Gillick who has one foot out the door already and who is seemingly less interested in his job than Jim Jay Bullock was into women. Weaver would not stand for the travesty that was this series. Here's an imaginary interview between Howard Eskin and Phillies GM Earl Weaver.

Eskin: Ladies and gentlemen I want to welcome Phillies General Manager Earl Weaver. And, for this interview I requested we use the bleep button for curses, because we all know how much Earl likes to let it fly.

Weaver is laughing on the line.

Eskin: Aint that right Earl?

Weaver: F***ing right!

Eskin: So, Earl you can't be too happy with the way this series went down. Eric Bruntlett was a complete disaster. Let's be honest.

Weaver: Eric Bruntlett is a goddamn f***ing disgrace. I wouldn't hire him to mop up the f***ing c*m off the floor at my goddamn nudie booth for f***'s sake.

Eskin: Ha ha ha. Well, Earl I doubt much of that got on the air, but let's continue. Do you think Bruntlett will be on the team much longer.

Weaver: If I see that c***sucker in the locker room next week I'll hit him in the head with something so he's in the f***ing goddamn ER and on the f***ing fritz.

Eskin: Wow! That's quite shocking Earl. So, you mean to tell the listeners and myself you would assault one of your players.

Weaver: He aint my f***Ing player. That idiot Ruben Amaro wanted him. Not me. Him and that cheap f**k Montgomery wanted to get somebody cheaper than Nunez. I told those motherf***rs I wanted Nunez back. And, what do they do? They f**k me with this Bruntlett guy. Look at him. He looks like Brett Favre's drunken degenerate f***ing brother!



Eskin: So, Earl are you trying to talk your way out of a job? You obviously don't have much respect for Dave Montgomery.

Weaver: Dave Montgomery has to be the cheapest motherf***er I ever met. I bet he would try cheap it out for his mother's own funeral. S**t, he'd probably try and bury her in a f***ing homemade plywood f***ing box and take it to the goddamn f***ing funeral home!

Eskin: Ha ha ha! So...uh-ha-Earl what do you think of the pitching on this team in light of this series against the Mets.

Weaver: Well Eaton surprised the f**k out of me. I thought he'd take a s**t, but he hung in there. That Bruntlett f***er cost us the goddamn series. Plain and f***ing simple. And, that ump definitely f***ed us last night. But, it doesn't help when your offense hits the ball like a bunch of pussies.

Eskin: Well that certainly doesn't help. So, if you're still with the team and I'm assuming you might get fired after this-

Weaver: Why do you say that? I got pictures of Montgomery. Did you hear the interview I did on Daily News Live last month? That made this look like a f***ing episode of Mr. Rogers.

Eskin: Ha ha ha. Yeah I did hear that, but you threatened to assault a player.

Weaver: Who gives a f**k? He's not a star.

Eskin: Well, we're out of time today Earl. It's always a pleasure to have you on.

Weaver: You're f***ing right it's a pleasure Eskin. And, like I always say, the f**k with your show, f**k Dave Montgomery and Bill Giles you can come and kiss my ass whenever you want.

Eskin: Earl Weaver everybody.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I feel dirty reading that. That's funny as shit though! Eric Bruntlett does stink!!! Get rid of that bum!