Friday, December 14, 2007

No Juice

Eagles match up with Cowboys is the quietest build-up in years



I can't recall a week leading up to an Eagles-Cowboys game being this quiet during the Reid/McNabb era. Even in 2005 there was still some juice. After all, the Eagles weren't done yet.

My, my, my how the tide has turned. The Birds are 5-8 and the Cowboys 12-1. This is reminiscent of 2004 when the Eagles were the team to beat and the Cowboys were the team that got beat. The proverbial worm has made a complete 180.

A few weeks ago if you asked me I thought the Eagles would have a chance considering how they played against New England, but all of that good emotion and momentum went out the window once they bumbled against Seattle.

I won't jump on the Kolb bandwagon just yet and say play him. For the sake of the team, they have to try and win this Sunday, but after they lose then Kolb should get the nod against the Saints.

Reid won't do that. He already said he wouldn’t.

And, we all know what the big man says, goes.

------------------------------------

L.J. Smith is on the fritz once again



No big surprise here, but your starting tight end of the Eagles-L.J. Smith ahs yet another injury.

No way to play in a contract year. Not that the Eagles would re-sign him anyway, nor do I think they should.

He's injury prone, makes too many mistakes, disappears for too many games, and isn't a team player.

This sums up L.J. Smith. Last month he said publicly that he didn't think he'd back because of "the contract."

The Eagles should target a tight end on draft day. Let's hope this time they don't make the same mistake twice as they did with Smith (the Cowboys picked Witten after the Eagles took Smith).

-----------------------------------

No Mo next year?

Phil Jasner wrote in his column today for the Daily News that he doesn't think Mo Cheeks will be back.

Neither do I. Nice guy, a legend as a player, decent coach, nothing special.

Nothing special and just adequate doesn't do it for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I'd like to see Cheeks stay, his time is running out since a regime change is needed and they need to clean house entirely.