Thursday, November 20, 2008

Spadaro-isms

Some classic quotes by our favorite Eagles' spokesperson Dave Spadaro



Gonna take a different track today. It's getting old talking about the same things everyday. We all know that the Eagles drink swamp water. Their coach is clueless. Their talent evaluation blows. And, McNabb has made an ass of himself.

But, let's have a little fun shall we?

I frequently check out Igglephans.com, which is the greatest thing since galvanized steel if you're a Birds fan. It's a great message board and there are many knowledgable posters on there, plus it's fun to rip on the Eagles haters and nitwits who post on there. A poster on there posted some Spadaro quotes, and I felt it would be a great idea to post them in a blog for you all to see.

Let er' rip.....

"I expect a great rest of the season." - October 14, 2008
"16-0 and here we come, NFC playoffs!!" - 4/13/05
"Eagles Better Now Than in 2004? I'm Saying Yes..." - 6/26/07
"Jeremy Bloom can play. It is time to take him seriously." - 7/28/07
"Jeremy Bloom is coming, folks." - 8/1/07
"J.R. Reed will run hard and break tackles and Greg Lewis will be sure on his punt
catches and has quick feet to get up the field."- 9/8/07
"Jevon Kearse is having such a good camp, it's ridiculous." - 8/6/07
"David Akers is the best in the history of the franchise and not ready to slow down
anytime soon." - 8/6/07
"Takeo Spikes is going to make a gigantic impact." - 6/26/07
"There is more young talent waiting in the wings along the offensive line than this
franchise has ever had. It isn't even close." - 6/26/07
"[Reggie] Brown is likely to be the "No. 1" receiver, whatever that means." - 6/26/07
"Brown Continues To Grow Into Top-Flight WR" - 7/10/2007
"The Eagles have used their salary-cap room brilliantly, locking up a gaggle of
young and talented players to long-term contracts and still having one of the most
-- the most, maybe, right there with New England? -- active off-seasons in the NFL."
- 3/27/07
"I watched [Winston] Justice with great interest, and he was extremely impressive.
He has outstanding mechanics and tremendous athletic ability. If something happens
with William Thomas at left tackle, there would be no qualms here if Justice were to
step in and start." - 5/16/06
"However, I will go this far: There is more talent here than I've ever seen." - 6/9/05
I have to tell you that I don't see one matchup that the Eagles are lesser than the
Bengals in. I'm being honest. It doesn't mean the game is going to play out this
way, but I think the Eagles are a far, far superior team. - 11/15/08

The Eagles are about to play the Bengals in a game that I just can't fathom the
Eagles losing. Oh, I know this is the NFL and I have respect for every team in the
league, but I just don't see it here. I don't see the Eagles losing. No way. -
11/15/08

Part of me, I admit, is stuck in the early part of this decade. I remember those
teams and I look at this team and I think there is no comparison. This team is far
superior -- on paper, which means nothing -- to the teams from the 2000-2003
seasons. - 11/1/08

Super Bowl? Yeah, the Eagles are good enough to win it all. I honestly believe that
as training camp races closer, ever closer. - 7/13/08

The idea that the Eagles haven't "significantly improved the offense" just doesn't
wash with me. - 5/26/08

Lorenzo Booker has lived up to the pre-camp hype. - 7/28/08

It is hard not to be impressed with Lorenzo Booker. - 5/23/08

Kris Wilson is an impressive player in this camp. - 5/23/08

I bristle when I hear that the Eagles are the same-old, same-old on offense. That
just isn't the case, and when you see the structure of the personnel and the way the
additions can help, I think you will agree that this offense has a chance to get to
where it wants to go -- the end zone -- on a much more consistent basis than a year
ago. - 5/26/08

...the combination of Smith and Celek recalls the primo combo the Eagles had years
ago with both Smith and Chad Lewis. - 6/2/08

What the Eagles surely will have is a threesome at tight end that can make a lot of
plays. - 6/2/08

Eat clock in the second half running the football behind a powerful offensive line.
- 7/19/08

Now, I've never been one to just bash the guy for the hell of it. He seems like a really nice guy who has fun with his job and at times gets carried away with his cheerleading for the Eagles' organization. But, he runs the website and it's his job.

I met the guy once when I was hanging out with some friends and one of them is a pretty good friend of his. I've never heard anything bad about the man on a personal level.

But.....yes but, these quotes are foremost ludicrious, but disturbing.

For him to honestly say that Lorenzo Booker lived up to the hype in training camp is preposterous. Number one, Low Rent as I call him was only hyped up by the organization. I call this Ryan Moats II. They figured Westbrook would probably hold out and his career would be done in Philly so they needed a back-up plan to Westy, much like when they drafted Ryan Moats-another jagoff.

Low Rent Booker is one of those guys the Eagles acquire or draft and you just know immediately it's a mistake. I knew it when they drafted Matt McCoy and I knew it when they wasted a fourth round pick in a trade for Booker. He couldn't get on the field in Miami last year when they lost Ronnie Brown for the season and didn't even play much after their back-up Jesse Chatman went down. And, Miami was a 1-15 team. If that doesn't tell you enough you need to know then I don't know what does.

The way this organization hyped him up in the offseason you'd think they have the next Marshall Faulk in the stable. Well, here's your Marshall Faulk for you Banner and Spadaro:

16 rushes for 32 yards, good for a 2.0 average and 5 catches for 10 yards, also good for a 2.0 average.

Woo hoo! Make that reservation for Canton! I'm friggin' stoked over those numbers!

There are so many other ridiculous statements in there that you have to question this guy's football knowledge. Or maybe it's all bullshit-just because Joe Banner forces him to say these things. But, why? Any football fan with any knowledge whatsoever would see through this slop.

Another classic was on November 1st of this year after the Eagles had many disappointing games when he said, "
Part of me, I admit, is stuck in the early part of this decade. I remember those
teams and I look at this team and I think there is no comparison. This team is far
superior -- on paper, which means nothing -- to the teams from the 2000-2003
seasons. - 11/1/08

That right there just blows my mind. Far superior on paper? Just what is he looking at? The defense is pedestrian at best. The offensive line stinks. McNabb's skills as an athlete have eroded. And, the Coach makes decisions as if his brain is comprised of cream of wheat.

And, here's the best one. "Jeremy Bloom is coming, folks." Let that one sink in for a second.

I could go on and on for the rest of the afternoon about this, but those are a few of the ones that really stood out to me. Hope you enjoyed.

Just 90 days until pitchers and catchers report. We better hope the Sixers play better this winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're dead on with your analysis of Booker. He was a bum from day one and always will be a bum.